Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michelle Fiore Classic Contrabass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Michelle Fiore, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Fellow Double Bass Luthiers ~ I need to buy a new table top sander and am looking for recommendations. It probably does not matter much, but keep in mind that I am posing this question as a double bass repair person, not a maker. Thanks! :)
    I am glad to be e newer member of talkbass, and look forward to the discussions.

2. Hello Michelle, welcome!
    Although I am not a DB anything, it might help others help you if you specify what kind of table top sander you are talking about. Spindle? disk? belt? combo?

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Welcome aboard!!!! While there is no "Luthier's" Forum on the DB side of TB (yea I know, we're a segreagated bunch, but there are quite a few people who cross over to keep us on our toes) there is a Setup and Repair Forum (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3) where you will likely get some more usefull responses. I know Ken Smith does a lot of DB repairs and is a VERY helpfull person. Most talk around here centers around solidbody construction and the ocasional EUB, and I'm not sure if your needs will be met with the tools we are familiar with.

(BTW, don't take this as any kind of brush off!!! I'm sure we could all learn a lot from you, and hopefully vice versa (!!!) but we'd also like you to get the most usefull responses possible.)

4. Thanks LajoieT for pointing me in the right direction. I am new here and things are still a bit confusing!