Michelle Ndegeocello, Debra Killings, Rhonda Smith..

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Michelle Ndegeocello, Debra Killings, Rhonda Smith.....if they were all teaching a bass clinic together, would you go?..who's style do you prefer? I believe each one plays/played a Fender at one time or another yes????
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I would go.
  3. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I would deffinantly go, and I prefer Me'Shell's style to the others.
  4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I'm so there....:D
  5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
  6. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'd definitely go...and try to pick up :D
  7. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    All 3 of them have different styles, but I've enjoyed all 3 them when I got to see them at different times
  8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is an interesting question. Other than being women of color, they don't seem to have too much in common as bassists. They could all teach me tons because I am only a so so player.
  9. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yes. And yes.

Although it would be tough to learn anything. I'd be too busy drooling.
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Me'Shell is the funkiest of the bunch but anywhere Rhonda Smith is.......I wanna be!!
  11. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I would be there in a heartbeat. I hope I could learn something from all three. But right now I am leaning toward Me'shell's style gotta love the funk!
  12. T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    I definitely would be there.
  13. I would definitely go!
    Recently I've been able to hang with Me'shell on and off the stage and get to know her very well. As you might expect, she is an amazing human being. We both play bass in the Nublu Orchestra conducted by Butch Morris on select Mondays at Nublu in the Lower East Side. In case you're wondering, it's not uncommon for us to have multiple guitarist and drummers, etc. It's enough just to be in the same room as Me'shell but to share the stage with her and to be playing bass at the same time is indescribable. :cool:

As for the other two bassists you mentioned, I only know Rhonda's work. I know for certain that she could teach me a thing or two! :ninja:
  14. JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    I would be there for sure! Me'Shell can lay it down like few can.