Michigan GTG West side??

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Oct 17, 2006.

1. November

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. December

20.0%
  3. January

80.0%
  1. I'd like to set up a Michigan GTG on the west side of the state. The only problem is that there are no all bass stores, or regular music stores around here that have squat above combo amps. So for a store to lend a spot is not going to happen.

Any ideas? Rent a place for the afternoon? (my house is too small for a GTG)

2. i would definately love to attend... but no ideas on where to have it... i do manage a music store, but our "cool bass gear" is a little lacking... and size wise it's pretty small (for a get together anyway) maybe a vfw of something like that would work?

3. Hey there! I bought a VL210 off you quite a while ago.(don't know if you remember)

4. lol... cool how's it been treating ya? :D

small world eh?

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm in G.R. Sounds like it might be fun, but I don't know of anyplace suitable either. If you get it figured out, let me know.

6. Would anyone be interested if they had to pitch in like $5-$10 for a space to rent?

7. that's cool with me... it'd just fun to hang with other "bass geeks" :p

8. Anyone else?

9. I'd consider making the drive from Detroit and meeting you guys if the timing worked out.

Ken

10. robb.

robb. Gold Supporting Member

i'm from GR, but i live in royal oak now. i'd drive out to a get together. RIT isn't any good any more, or is it just too small? whatever, if the timing works, i'm in.

robb.

11. RIT grand rapids is fair, but still only stuff like fender/ampeg/ibanez. RIT Holland is sub-par to say the least.

12. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I'm from GR so I'd be in. I love my teacher at RIT but it is a little lacking

13. robb.

robb. Gold Supporting Member

it's a bummer that farrow's is the G&L and peavey dealer in the area. who is musicman in GR besides GC? when are we talking about putting this together?

robb.

14. No clue. I was making this post to see if there would be enough people to have a GTG in the area.

15. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I'm in Jackson with little funds and time but I would really consider it. I'm subscribing to the post to keep an eye on it.

16. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Hi guys I thought I'd put this here. I'm looking for a teacher in the NW Grand Rapids area. I have one already but he's not wililng to do every other week which is what I want. My influences are about 50% metal 50% hard rock. I want to know theory and we are studying modes right now. I"m primarily a finger player but want to play with a pick too. If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks. Mike

17. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Same here, as long as I didn't have to drive with Ken!:D

18. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm in so long as I'm in town and the timing works.

19. washtub_bass

washtub_bass

Aug 10, 2005
    Detroit
    i'm in westland... my cardboard box bass is now being sold in Elderly Music (lansing MI).. i wanna set up at a show, but dammit there's nothing in Michigan! Ohio has them, Indiana too. I'm looking into hosting one myself, but i have no idea what the hell i'm doing.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021