Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michigan Guitar Show this weekend

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SCT1422, Apr 25, 2003.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Anybody going... Is it a decent show to attend...

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I wish I could. I know Luthiers Access Group will be fairly represented. And, from what I heard Dan's bringing, which I can't reveal, I REALLY wish I were going!:(

3. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    where is it? and when?

4. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

It's at The Ford Arts Center at 15801 Michigan Ave in Dearborn this Saturday and Sunday... I still haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not...

5. Whoa, I post a question and then I see that you posted the answer a few seconds earlier... weeeeiiiiirrd, man...

Does it cost anything to get in?

6. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I think I might be going. Does anyone know what kind of stuff is going to be there?

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    RAM, that's just mean man. My curiosity is killing me! Let us know after the show what Dan has.

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Last time I went (two years ago) it was pretty nice. I got to play a lot of instruments I would never have had a chance to see before. I think somebody had Ritter there. I picked up a few good videos.

Peace,

James

Steve - You have PM

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, I can't remember all the details, but I believe an unnamed builder has a couple of 2-string basses there. Dan said last time he had them, people would come by and laugh. Then, when they'd pick up the basses and find they're more than playable, they'd laugh even harder.

I think, IIRC, one is cocobolo and the other is purpleheart. He said he thought it would be a good wood experiment.

There's supposed to be other good stuff there, too.

10. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I've played one of those 2-stringers from that mystery builder (don't you love it when you're on the inside looking out!) :D ;) . I was amazed when I saw it and almost ordered one. I've since decided to get a couple full-sized models, but it would be great for someone living in a dorm room, who travels a lot and wants to still be able to play, or who is looking for a conversation piece to pluck on stage.

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You're even worse than me!:DLMAOROTF

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

That builder lives just a couple of towns over from me. Is that too much information?:D

Those two strings are so cool!

13. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Mmmmm....I think we're almost crossing the line, but not quite.:D