1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Michigan opens spear Hunting season!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Apr 3, 2006.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
  2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Just because she put on a little weight I don't think that's any reason to hunt her:

[​IMG]

You crazy Americans! :D

3. Okay, that was a very funny article. I especially like "Caveman Survivor.":D

Oh, and having spear hunted before, I can tell you it is WAY harder than it looks. And it looks damn hard.

Rock on
    Eric

4. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong

Well, I'm not sure I figured out what they were doing, but at least they have a sense of humor.

As I recall from my Michigan days, there really aren't any rules during hunting season ... you just drink and shoot (the Dick Cheny school of hunting).

5. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong

She could be a catwalk model in Melbourne

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So we don't want to upset the vegetarians, huh? I guess spears don't kill 'em quite as dead, or something.

7. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I see that the Free Press uses the same Publicus formatting for their website management as The News-Star in Monroe.

Way to go Gannett. Proliferate the crappiness.

That said, I like that the organization is named BOZOS. I'm suddenly much more trusting in their credibility.

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Well, if someone isn't good at spear hunting he or she will probably wound one and it will run off and bleed to death. Or get a nasty infection and die due to that.

9. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Is she game? Don't see any antlers, and judging by her appearance it would appear so! :ninja:

:bag:

10. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    That is a pretty good April Fool's article.

Actually, here in PA they are discussing allowing the atlatl during archery season.

11. Illinois could really stand to bring back rifle hunting, or at least allow crossbows. Despite an abundance of game south of the border, most of the hunters I know back home go to Wisconsin because they're not good pistol or rifle-slug shots and are too lazy to learn archery. The result is that automobiles end up doing most of the cull in McHenry County every year. :rollno: