Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michigan TB'ers!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by robb., Jun 3, 2003.

1. i'm going back home to grand rapids july 2 thru july 5. i'm going to elderly instruments one of those days and lollapalooza on the 3rd. between then, i'd like to meet any michigan TB'ers who want to meet. maybe some detroit folks can come to lansing to experience elderly, and i can meet the west michigan folks in grand haven or kalamazoo or grand rapids.

let me know if you're available to hang out!

robb.

2. I live in Gr, and know two or three others who do, let me know and we'll all meet up..

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Hey, I'm in the Muskegon area. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys, bring my Conklin GT-7 and show her off :D

Yeah, somebody drop me a PM when the time gets closer and the details get ironed out.

4. oh, we have to bring our basses? i don't have any gear worth noting.

robb.

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    We don't have to, but if we're gonna be at a music store I might want to try out some new preamps/ cabinets with my own bass. :)

6. well, you know my vote is for RIT in GR. i love that place. i generally force myself to swing by farrow's and firehouse, though i'm too lazy to go to the good firehouse in grandville. i guess it would be more convenient for you coming from muskegon, since it's right off 96. but my parents are on the other side of town from there.

i'll update this the week before i come up, and we can make plans. anyone going to lollapalooza?

robb.

7. Sounds like a possibility. Let me know about Elderly in Lansing, I might swing by.

8. i'm definitely going to elderly, so maybe we could meet up. hopefully being in lansing won't make your ann arbor skin blister. :)

robb.

9. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    The July 2 - 5th timing is a little tight wrt some family-type plans, but Elderly might work out. Post when you get closer to coming.

Peace,

James

10. Seeing as I work at Guitar Center, my vote is for elderly, I'd rather stop out of town than go to some of the other stores in gr, besides I haven't been to elderly in a year or so..

11. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Since I live in Lansing I would love to meet you guys at Elderly, but if the dates are July 2-5 I will be in Georgia playing a 4th of July gig. Sorry I'll miss you guys.

12. resurrecting this thread in the spirit of reaching out to the detroit folk, too...

anyone from michigan (or anyone willing to drive...), how about we meet at elderly instruments in lansing on july 3? i was planning on going to elderly, anyway, so i guess it works out.

any takers? anyone with a better date? i'm pretty flexible. let me know what works.

robb.

13. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    damn, i'd like to come, but I'll be moved to TN by then.

14. Damn, would love to be there to meet some of youse guys, but don't think it's a possibility that weekend :(

BTW, Elderly is a great store! You'll love it!

15. i know that. i went to MSU.

robb.

16. are all you people still down with elderly instruments in lansing on july 3? i'm thinking noon, because i need to be back in GR for thursday at the intersection.

who's in? who's available? anyone can't make it and want to meet elsewhere? anyone else going to see thursday?

let me know.

robb.

17. Damn, can't make it :( Hopefully another time...

Hey, on the subject of Lansing music stores: anybody familiar with Marshall Music? I've planned to go there a few times to check out basses they had on Ebay, but something came up every time that prevented me from going. Is the place any good?

18. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I like Marshall but some don't. I have an in though. If you are looking for anything bass related ask for Joe or Mike. Tell them Rick G sent you and they'll take care of you. Let me know if there is anything you need from them and I can do some leg work for you since I'm in there 2 or 3 times a week.

19. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I'm about a 30%er for making noon on the 3rd. It's a 100 mile drive and I still have some preparation to do for the 4th.

Peace,

James

20. marshall is cool. when i was at state, i could walk to marshall. i played in a band with one of the guys there, too, so if i ever needed to buy, it would be cheep. it's pretty cool, but it's not elderly.

as for tomorrow, i am starting to waver in my desire to drive to lansing. i went to kalamazoo today, and i'm tired of driving. if i can't get any 100% confirmations by midnight, i'm going to back out.

i need to go to GC in GR tomorrow to buy some earplugs, so if anyone wants to meet there, let me know.

robb.