Micigan area TB'ers......I need your help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike N, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Last weekend a fellow racer had his racing operation stolen from a hotel parking lot in Milan, Michigan. Within a few days the truck and trailer were found in the Detroit area, but the racecar was gone from inside the trailer. It's a bright yellow 69 Ford Torino.

If anyone knows/sees/hears anything about this car, call the police.

2. thats horrible!

im driving up to michigan this weekend with my faimly to go to a wedding, so I'll be on the lookout.

In related news, I'm not going to be on TB for 8 days starting Monday. Faimly up in Michigan don't own a computer.
  3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I'll keep an eye out Mike, though I am on the other side of the state. There is a drag strip an hour or so south of here that they might take it to race, if they were that stupid. It's called Martin, I think.
  4. i live right near michigan, in Indiana (its a walking distance) so i guess ill keep my eye out too.
  5. Milan, eh? Wow, that's like 15 miles from me. I'll keep my eyes open; I would certainly notice that car driving around town :eek:

Just curious, what city were the truck/trailer found in? There are racetracks in Hazel Park and Brooklyn, MI, both in the greater Detroit area (more or less)...
  6. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Eyes open, cell phone ready.

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Thanks guys, for keeping a lookout for this car.

Silentstranger- not sure what part of Detroit the truck/trailer was found in.

There's a thread over at the NSCA (National Street Car Association) site on the theft. The racers were attending an NSCA race when the rig disappeared.