1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mick Whitney's gear (36 Crazyfists). Anybody know what he uses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ALiP BoB, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Like the title said, ya'll know what gear he uses? Particularly his bass. It says on the Ibanez website that he uses the BTB1000 but I think those are discontinued. Any alternatives?

BTW, if you want to hear his tone, listen to "I'll go until my heart stops" by 36 Crazyfists. :eek:

Enjoy.

Thanks.

2. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Sorry, but every time I read the thread title, I read it "Mike Whitney", who is this Australian cricketer.

[​IMG]

3. Uh, nope. Not him. :p

4. what dose he eat crickets for a living or something:D

5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    WHOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAARES. WHOOOOOOO DAAAAAAARES. WHOOOOO DAAAAAAAARES, WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!!!!!!!

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Back in the video for Slit Wrist Theory I'm sure he was using a Tobias bass...probably a Gibson model. IIRC I've seen him use them and BTB's before. He was getting a great metal tone on "Bitterness the Star".

7. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    When I saw them live during the 'battle for ozzfest' era he used a stingray.

8. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Or Gladiator. Don't forget Gladiator.

9. I love it when all the forums I post on get taken over by my fellow Aussies at night.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I don't think a small incidence of trolling counts as a take over!

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Omg! I forgot about that show. It was so cool. :D

12. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I worked in TV during the 90's, and he was at least a decent person, unlike most of the talking heads, who were A grade ****wits. Just an Aussie boofhead.

13. Ok, lets not derail this topic. Until I know the bass he uses at least.

I just want to know which BTB he uses! The BTB1000 is discontinued. Alternative?

14. ConspiracyBass

ConspiracyBass Leo Got It Right.

Jan 22, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They had a some studio footage on there website from the recording of their newest album and he was using a 4 string Fender Jazz. But who knows really.

15. How does the BTB555MP sound compared to the BTB1000?

16. Again, BUMP!