1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Micro Cube and Headphones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andrew B., Sep 17, 2010.

1. Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Aug 20, 2010
    With the Roland Micro Cube Bass, if you plug headphones into it do the speakers turn off? IOW, can it be used without anyone else hearing it?

2. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    No sound through speaker while using phones. The manual states: "No sound is played through the unit's speaker while the REC OUT/PHONES jack is in use."

This is the same as the larger Bass Cube 30, and 100.

3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Isn't this like, a standard feature for all practice amps with headphone jacks?

I don't see how that would make sense - having speakers AND headphones get sound.

I only encountered this once, with my own stereo, haha. Gotta flip a switch to turn off the speakers there so you only get sound over headphones. But amps? Nah...

4. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

I actually use the Cube15 guitar amp with headphones as my practice setup. No sound through the speaker when headphones are plugged in.

5. Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Aug 20, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to get one.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021