Micro Head.....need some opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovatron, Dec 28, 2014.

1. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Hey folks....I'm looking for a micro head to be paired with an Eden Ex110 (which I already have) This rig will be primarily used for practice and the occasional small rehearsal. I'd like to keep it sub $300, and closer to $200.

I was just about set on the Carvin BX250, when I came across the TC BH250. The features intrigue me. I like the on board tuner and while gimmicky, the Toneprint is kinda neat. Maybe something fun to play around with.

Does anyone have experience with both of these cabs? I have heard negative things about T.C.'s power ratings being bloated. Is this true with the BH250?

Thanks guys.

2. BazzTard

BazzTard Inactive

I have never used those 2, but just wanna say I am so happy with my MarkBass LM250,with it's gig backpack.If you find a used one grab it.

3. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Having owned both of those I say neither. Get the GK MB200.

Mike A and CL400Peavey like this.
  4. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    yeah....I like the MB stuff a lot. I'd grab one for the right price.

5. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Can you elaborate a little more or link me to a past elaboration please? :)

6. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. search mb200 on here, you will be reading for hours ;)

CL400Peavey and groovatron like this.
  7. MyMusic

MyMusic

Jun 1, 2010
    Dover, De
    I have, like and use the Carvin BX250. In my opinion you really can't go wrong with the Carvin, GK or TC.

8. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Thanks guys. I'm leaning back towards the Carvin. The larger size is okay with me. The lack of a fan is a good thing. I like the EQ section and I think it will match closest to my touring rig which uses a Wp100b.

Now to find one........used market is non existent on those things right now. New shipped is 240.....might just pull the trigger. I spend that much on effects all day lol,

9. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Not much experience with GK other than a Backline, but I think I'll opt for one of their larger heads in the future to see what they can do.