Micro/Mini amps that can have the pre-amp fully bypassed.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Asomodai, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Oobly

Oobly

Jun 19, 2008
    A Gallien Krueger MB200, MB500 or MB800 can be used that way and is really small, also Tone Hammer 350 and 500, Ashdown MiBass 220 and 550 and many other micro heads.

That said, there are some small power amps, too, like the SWR Amplite mentioned above, Demeter Minnie 800D (pricey, but awesome), Acoustic Image Focus SA, etc..

2. +1 I guess the only other thing is that the different power management and limiting designs of various amps will result in a bit of difference in tone and performance across most of these power sections, and I assume there are different 'gain structures' to the various effects return circuits.

That being said, most would seem to work fine. I'd probably recommend the GKMB800 to the OP. Inexpensive, very small, lots of power.

3. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Bayou City
    Since the discussion seems to have turned to "why not just get a power amp", but you are looking for something in a micro size, I offer for your consideration again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWR-amplite...236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53fac88a8c

SWR amplite... a micro that you can fit in any gig bag, or back pack. Super light, 400watts, no pre-amp to worry about bypassing.

If you are looking to run your SABDDI as your front end, and just need some power...:meh: