1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Micro pog on bass samples?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OrangeSun, Apr 12, 2009.

1. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Anyone got any? Im buying one off a guy in the classifieds. Its going to be part of a true bypass loop as Micro POG -> Fulltone Bassdrive -> Moog MF101. Im thinking im gonna be stepping on that footswitch a lot!

I cant find any bass micro pog clips on youtube, hook it up!

2. Geist

Geist

Aug 31, 2007
  3. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    We'll have to see how it works with my other gear...it might be a quick buy and sell

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    grygrx is running his Pog through some sort of distortion unit. It doesn't sound like that clean. Sounds a lot like the regular note with a little chorus on it. Does an excellent 12 string bass imitation with the octave up. I have one coming, too, and that's why I got it...does up and down, and it's clean and tracks amazingly well.

5. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    i have to ask...who is that bobblehead? jb?

6. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    thanks for the link, i found your thread before but sadly the putfile site is down at the moment. itll probably be up in the morning though, cheers!

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Devo JB, to be exact!

8. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
  9. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    You can follow the link in my sig and listen to Bloodshed. I use a POG with a little phase on an interlude part after the intro.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Did you look for very long? :D
    Part 1:

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Brian, just wanted you to know your clips are what got me intrigued about the Micro Pog.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's a good thing EHX pays me so much for my work. Wait a minute, they don't......:mad: :p

13. Noshtero

Noshtero Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm still considering going with a micro pog instead of waiting for an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe. I'm trying to decide if I'd ever want octave up.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The octave up is the main reason for getting a Micro POG. Most people who want an octave up want polyphonic ability as well, which is what the POG excels at. If I was only wanting an octave down, I'd probably get the Boss OC-2 or maybe the new MXR as I prefer that octave down sound to the POG a bit, and I rarely try to play chords when using an octave down.

15. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks so much Bryan!! I'll have one here Tuesday....your videos answered every question I had.

16. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Of course you do! Want to mimic a 12-string? Want to seriously thicken up your distorted tones? Octave up is great, especially when you can blend in as little or as much as you want.