micro practice area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by blakelock, Jul 15, 2019.

1. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    hay all,
    due to upcoming renovations, I've relocated my practice area to my (shared) bedroom. the bass hangs in the closet (been doing this for years...I practice scales while the kids take baths) and I'm using the corner of the dresser for Mac book, focusrite Scarlett interface, music and mic stands.

any other creative solutions out there?

image.png image.png

2. I’d roll you for that navy shirt with flowers on it.

3. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    We've just moved to an apartment. I relate. Looks like you are doing a good job with what you have.

Good luck.

4. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    I bought a microphone stand accessory tray to put my headphone amp & smartphone (was ipod) on when I practice. If I'm DAWing I put the sheet music away and place my laptop on the music stand and my focusrite on the accessory tray. so basically everything I need to practice fits on my music stand.

5. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time...

6. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    now that's micro.
    by the way, i've found that having my practice area already setup with DAW, music stand, bass nearby and easily plugged in makes practicing much more efficient. it's obvious

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021