1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Micro Q-tron sounding like nails on a chalk board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by *insertcoolname, Mar 14, 2009.

1. So, I seem to be having the same problem most other people tend to have with the Q-tron series, specifically the micro. No matter what I do (compressor in front, behind, or in the effects loop because I run all my effects in line) I can't get settings that sound good across the board. If I set it too high then when I slap on the lower strings I get way too much treble, and if I try to compensate for that the filter doesn't get activated on the top strings. I've read up and done some searching and found out about the trim pots inside. My question is, how do I go about adjusting these? I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff so pictures would be awesome x 100000.

Thanks for the help!

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Try running it in front of your amp.

3. There's a little plastic circle with a place for a small phillips head screwdriver. Turn it till you like the sound.

4. Where exactly would one find this little plastic circle? Just what's the general area if I'm looking at the board through the back? And about how much should I be turning? Half a turn? Full turn? Sorry, I just like to know specifics before I break stuff open and such.

5. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Actually to me it sounds like your problem is more of a string balance problem with your pickups and how they're positioned under the strings. The idea is it's nice to have your high strings have as much kick as possible relative to the low strings, a big difference between your strings can cause you the kind of problem you're having with your envelope filter, where the bottom strings open the filter too hard and the top strings won't open it at all. Also, different gauge strings can make a slight difference, like 45-100's instead of 45-105's, they're slightly more balanced, if you get what I'm getting at.

6. I just gave the trip pot a quick turn and now it's the funky madness that I need! Thanks ya'll.