1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Micro tap delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ShadowImage, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ShadowImage

ShadowImage Guest

Jan 12, 2016
    Does anyone make a micro/mini pedal delay with tap functionality or tap input? Haven't had any luck finding one. Wishful thinking here?

2. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    tc electronic Flashback Mini does a version of tap tempo that sort of works, depending on your needs.

3. ShadowImage

ShadowImage Guest

Jan 12, 2016
    Oh wow, I'm checking that out now. TC keeps making really cool stuff on the cheap.
    "Audio Tapping
    Hold down the footswitch and set delay time by simply strumming your guitar!"
    o_O seriously? I'm really curious now how well this works. Sounds too good to be true.

4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Well, the Good News is it works as advertised: Just wack your muted strings two or three times to generate clicks while holding down the footswitch and it calculates the delay time as well as any Tap Tempo footswitch I've ever used.
    The Bad News is it mutes the audio -- both effected and dry -- while you are performing this "audio tapping". So you can't set delay times on the fly in the middle of a tune, you have to do it during a rest or in between tunes.

ShadowImage likes this.
  5. ShadowImage

ShadowImage Guest

Jan 12, 2016
    Oh... that's strange. Thanks for the heads up Bob. So... I guess you would have to keep your foot on it between songs and set the tempo when the drummer clicks you in, then release right when the song starts.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  6. I've wanted a Cusack Tiny Tap Delay for some time, but you've got to have it in a switcher's loop 'cause it's an always-on pedal.

[​IMG]

Not as small as the TCE Flashback, and even less so if you consider you need a separate tap-input pedal – but that shouldn't be a problem if you've got several pedals that require some form of a tap input and have a master tap-tempo pedal for them.

So, Cusack may be a good solution for those with a master tap-tempo and loop-switcher, but a poor solution for a less elaborate setup.

7. tom_ric

tom_ric

Aug 14, 2009
    Israel
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021