1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

micro tremolo pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dokazaado, Oct 15, 2010.

1. dokazaado

dokazaado

Mar 25, 2009
    Empty Hills
    hey dudes, I'm in the market for a trem and I'd like a micro
    so I can fit it on my Pedaltrain mini.

so far I know about the Malekko and the Lovepedal Babyface.
    any others? anybody tried either of those?

2. guyatone VT-3

3. Catalinbread Valcoder if you can find one and like the square wave vibe.

4. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    the Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird II is a NICE square wave trem. i liked it a lot, and it's tiny. the Iron Ether Cygnet not only kicked it off my board, it took it's lunch money and made it consider suicide tho. but that might be a little bigger then you're looking for. but the Cygnet with the expression pedal multipler mod? just..... amazing. perfect.

the Hummingbird II has a switch that goes to double the tempo. does neat choppy stuff. it's a good 'un.

*whispers*

but the Cygnet slays ALL.

5. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    There's also the Malekko Omicron Tremolo. Never used one, but it would certainly fit your micro requirements and is definitely more readily available (and probably a lot cheaper) than the Catalinbread Valcoder.

6. I think he mentions this one in the OP though. :bag:

7. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Good point... Shows how much attention I give to a thread when in skim mode late at night. :oops:

8. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    I had a guyatone vt-3 on my board for a while. It spiked the volume BIG time when in use. I took it off and sold it for that reason. Sure was cute tho...

9. You can try checking this out: The Triton
    http://www.mythfx.com/triton.htm

I don't have any personal experience with it but ever since a fellow TB'er brought it to my attention i've been seriously thinking about this pedal as my next purchase

10. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    thanks for this! i managed to find the distributor here in thailand and i tried it! i end up buying it! its awesome! for now i'm using it as a reverb, i'm still searching for the right settings for the tremolo and chorus. i actually just bought it today and gigged with it.