1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MICRO VR and a single 4ohm speaker.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bongokid, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Bongokid

Bongokid

Sep 28, 2011
    Los Angeles
    hello fellas. Just trying to get this right. ;) I've got a 4ohm speaker that I'd like to use with my Micro VR, although I'm confused as to what needs to be plugged in to obtain the 4ohms.

Here is the back of the amp. I will focus on the cab [DEL]inputs[/DEL] outputs.
    1001081amp_microvr_lg4.jpg

What I'm wondering is, whether or not I need to put a plug in the 8 ohm [DEL]input [/DEL] output (top output) and then hook my 4ohm cab up to the 4ohm plug. (bottom)
    OR.
    Do i just plug my cab into the 4 ohm [DEL]input[/DEL] output (bottom output) and (go at it).... ?:hyper:

(PS. this is the best flick I could find of the Micro VR amp. MY AMP shows above the 2 cab outputs 150w@ 8ohms & 200w@ 4ohms.)

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    A 4 ohm speaker.

The two jacks are parallel. Use either. The 4 ohms refers to the minimum total load. And they're output jacks, not input. Read this:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/a...overunderpowercabs-diy-techtalk-links-166225/

3. Bongokid

Bongokid

Sep 28, 2011
    Los Angeles
    LOL, GOT IT.

Just cause on my 72 SVT I use a 2 ohm custom cab and I have to plug in a patch cable to an ext speaker output in order to get the SVT to run at 2ohm. Just though I might of had to do the same for the MICRO VR to get it to run 4 ohm.

Thanks Bill.