Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Microphone Stand for gigging musicians

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jive1, Jul 12, 2004.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Just an FYI

I'm a freak about portability when it comes to gear, and I found a microphone stand that will fold down to about 22 inches (the length of two sheets of paper). That's about a foot less than most mic stands. It is a three section telescoping stand, with a 2 section telescoping boom. It will extend to the height of a standard mic stand. It runs for $49 Canadian.
    I've seen similar models by K&M, Atlas, Ultimate Support and AKG that cost anywhere from $75-$120. Here's the link

The stand should fit in the zippered backpack strap compartments of my Warwick gigbag.

I'm in no way affiliated with the store, just trying to help my fellow gigging musicians lighten their load.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Great timing Jive. All I need now to complete my Vocal PA is a couple of Mics and stands. I'm gonna look into these for sure.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm having trouble registering. It won't accept my phone number.

What's the format of a standard canadian phone number?

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :D I just cut and paste it straight in. Thanks SMASH.

Still didn't work though. Apparently shipping to Austr is too hard for them.

"ERROR IN REGION RESTRICTIONS!

Billing or Shipping address is in restricted selling region for these products:
    - MIS-33CR #75090

Please go back and refine your address information"

I think the last line means they wan me to move to Canada?

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I applied for a job in Vancouver recently. I didn't get it. :( My wife was surprisingly OK with the idea of moving to Canada, considering we've lived in our house less than a year.

Back on topic, thanks Jive! How does the construction seem? Will it hold up to abuse?

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    How much for say, 1800 sq. feet in on a moderately OK block? I was planning on renting for a while if it worked out.

I wonder if quicklok makes something like this? I have a couple of their products and have no problems with them at all.

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Gee Smash, thanks for the offer. The only problem doing it this way is that I have no idea how much the shipping is going to cost me. Doing it online is easier because they spit out the shipping cost and you can decide wether it's worth it. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Let me have a hunt around first to see if I can find anyone selling them who can ship downunder. If I get stuck I'll let you know.

Thanks. You rock!

8. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Looks decent. It's not like some of the K&M stage stands, or the upper end studio stands, but it is OK. It will be a while till I'll see if it stands up to regular wear and tear.

9. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
  10. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Of course, after I buy one, someone else finds one cheaper.