1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Microphones

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bluemeanies, Mar 30, 2005.

1. I know this seems like the wrong place to post this, and has probably been asked before, but my search for this turned up really strange so i figured i'd deal with the flack and ask anyways.... I need a decent microphone for home recordings. I don't have thousands to spend on a microphone for my little ol' home recordings, but i do have some money. I would very much appriciate any advice you can give me on microphones, or tell me which microphones you use to record please. I have been doing some research, and i am not absolutly clueless on the topic, i just need some feedback. Thankyou! :)

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ok note to self don't post things right after i wake up...... i ment this to be in the recording equipment forum...... :rolleyes: :bag:

3. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I'm sure a Mod will move it soon :D

You did not mention what your primary use is for the mic. Is it strickly for your bass rig, or are you doing Vocals, Guitar or what? It makes a difference.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    these have been highly recomended to me... though I haven't bought one yet http://www.studioprojects.com/index.html

I know a lot can be done with just a simple Shure SM57. I bought an AKG D3800M for dirt cheap off eBay a little while back to start with.

I'm looking to get a vintage Electro Voice Dynamic and a Studio Projects Condenser down the road. I'm also looking at the little Peavey PV6 mixer to connect to my computer

5. oh yes sorry, for many instruments and vocals. i have some ideas i'd like to try out. Thank you James!