1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

microphonic Bass Big Muff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jam.majors, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jam.majors

jam.majors

Mar 24, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I don't know how, but suddenly my Bass Big Muff has become microphonic; when I tap it with my finger, I get sound coming through the amp. If "microphonic" is not the right term, forgive me: it just seemed the most appropriate.

Any suggestions or experience out there?

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    What kind of noise are we talking here?

3. jam.majors

jam.majors

Mar 24, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    It's the sound of my finger tapping. It's weird. It sounds just like when I tap a microphone. However, it's only just about as loud as my tapping: I can hear it on both sides (pedal on one, amp on the other) at the same volume.

4. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    I got this problem with an EHX Flanger Hoax, but it wasn't all the time, just at random.

5. it might be you are grounding out the case when you touch it, hence the clicking noise.

6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Try tapping it whilst wearing rubber gloves, or use a rubber mallet!

7. jam.majors

jam.majors

Mar 24, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    Well, I couldn't get it to repeat... Maybe it was just the strange wiring at my friend's house.

8. Had the same with my Musket last night. Could even hear a AM radiostation through the amp. :D