1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Microsoft announces plan to train veterans for tech jobs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  2. amazon loves hiring veterans.

3. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    I have never had a problem with MS. Compare what Bill Gates has done with his wealth compared to what Jobs did with his. Funny how Apple is always associated with Lefty artist types and MS with uptight business types and then their respective leaders are the total opposite of their companies image. Hell sometimes Gates reminds me of the character in the Rush song Cinderella Man.

4. Gates is an awesome person. Never really cared for MS programs, but good on them.

lowsound

5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Bravo Microsoft

6. YAY!!! Doesn't help me (already out), but could help a few friends I know. Gonna share on some FB walls :)

Peace,
    Greg

7. Gates is certainly a great philanthropist, good work MS.

8. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That is an interesting and ironic observation. Like many people, I am fascinated with Jobs - as well as Larry Ellison - just for the simple fact that is he is, well, a fascinating guy and leader. However, his downright douchiness towards other people is pretty well documented by tech industry journalists and former colleagues and employees, and I've always found the cult of personality that surrounded him kind of strange and perhaps misguided. Some of his actions at Pixar could be seen as downright despicable. I've never heard a bad word about Gates's personality, and his actions after his success speak very loudly.

I've always been a PC guy. Even back in the day when I worked in the IT industry, I always preferred working on PCs over Macs. Apple is definitely geared towards a certain market, and I commend them for that. However, I've never been part of that market. I still remember using ClarisWorks, though, back when I had a computer class in 8th grade. :D