1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' campaign created with Macs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by spencer, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
  2. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Sorry, didn't know this was posted or well known... Is there another thread? Or thread highjack for this?

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Microsoft didn't make the add. They commissioned some other company to do it. What they use is their own business.

4. Ridiculous!

oh and IMO, the only good way to game is on windows. It's probably the only thing I like better about my pc then my mac. Everything else is pretty much at par.

5. Nah, I'm just horrifically sick of the Mac vs PC arguments.

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    +1

7. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    PC game sales are declining, more people are switching to game consoles...

And of course macs can run windows to play their games..

8. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    I always agree this pc/mac thing is a dumb argument, but I'm curious as to what the OP means by 'better for business just because of applications.' Are pcs better for making money and macs are better for playing solitaire, or what?

9. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

Run a Windows Operating system on a MAC and you are opening yourselves up to the same viruses and issues any other PC user has. MACS by hardware design don't fix that issue.

10. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    The truth hurts!

11. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Did I say that? I said they have more business suited applications..

12. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    No your not, to play a game you don't have to use the internet, disconnect internet to use windows.. Now if your playing an online game you have a possible virus nomatter which platform you choose..

13. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Most people play games online.

Next question :meh:

14. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Then you have a chance to get a virus either way...:rollno:

15. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    How does Audio editing on a mac compare to windows why does everyone say it's better?

16. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    u may say PCs are better for gaming, but thats just because there's more games geared towards it. i bet if they came out with the popular PC games for mac, they'd run better on the mac. plus there's ways to get around the problem, i.e. getting an emulator and downloading a copy of w/e game, if available.

17. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

Since MACS now run the same processors and hardware for the most part, it isn't logical.

Most game developers aren't going to waste time making games for the MAC or even porting them over unless it is a HUGE blockbuster. Too much cost involved for a small installed user base. MACS aren't better, they are just marketed that way and people believe the hype.

Most PC's issues are user error for infecting their own machine with Spyware and Viruses. The MAC "fixes" this due to not having anyone writing Malware for MAC users.

So MAC users think MACS are better when it was their own fault their Windows PC was malfunctioning and the reason they got one in the first place.

18. Says who? Or are you just pulling stats out of your ass?

Many are saying exactly the opposite.

19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    84% of stats are made up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.