1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Microtubes 500 and Focusrite

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by AJBass-85, Nov 4, 2018.

1. AJBass-85

AJBass-85

Jan 7, 2017
    Italy
    Hi guys, I have a question about the Darkglass Microtubes 500 head. I need to record a couple of songs at home and I'm a complete newbie. I have managed to record my bass straight through my Focusrite Scarlett Solo, but I wanted to use my MT500. I have plugged it in using a canon cable, but the sound was completely distorted even with the clean channel. I am using Cubase 5.0... Do you think I need to change some of the settings? I know this probably sounds really dumb, but I would like to use the head for recording as well. Cheers!

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Try it in a "re-amp" configuration.
    Record a good clean track direct.

Set the Scarlett to play the bass track out one channel, then plug a mic into another channel to record it.
    You can play with the levels and mic placement a lot easier than trying to bass at the same time.
    You'll also have to good clean track for other comparisons or to blend in.

Once/if you get this down you should be able to directly use the amp, but you should take the DI out from the amp and record two tracks, one clean. A good clean track is good to have on hand.

ToddOfThunder and AJBass-85 like this.