Microtubes distortion (ultra) plus sansamp in effects chain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sdagg1, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018
    Hello, i was wondering if someone could clear something up for me. I have a sansamp bass driver di and i love the clean tone it gives me but I am currently looking for a microtubes distortion (maybe more than one). Im debating on the microtubes vintage, microtubes bk7ultra or alpha omega. The styles of music i play are rock, hard rock and alternative mainly. I would like to keep my clean sound with the sans amp but think i would like to buy a vintage micro tube for a mild distortion (geddy lee) and the bk7ultra for a heavier distortion and keep the sansamp bddi for a clean sound. From listening to youtube videos i think i prefer the bk7 for the real dirty stuff and the vintage for a cleaner overdriven sound.My questions are would having three of these pedals degrade my signal too much, add too much noise? Do i even need the micro tubes vintage or can i get away with having just the bk7 ultra or alpha omega ultra to get both types of distortion along with my sansamp bddi? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Iamgoodformetal

Iamgoodformetal

Apr 13, 2014
    I believe those are all buffered designs, so signal degradation shouldn't be a problem. Three pedals isn't very many anyway. Adjusting a pedal repeatedly/on the fly would be a major PITA, might as well have dedicated units. You could also save some money by using a B3K, the 7 seems like a lot if it's not your foundation.

3. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018

4. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018
    Well i have seen reviews of how popular it is and that people liked the bk7 so much they got rid of the sans amp so i figured i would get the 7 in case i liked it more than the sans amp and wouldnt have to upgrade later. My intention was to have 3 three units so i wouldnt have to adjust on the fly. I was thinking the sans amp for a clean sound, the microtubes vintage for a warmer sound and either the bk7 or omega for a real dirty sound. I also have a boss geb7 equilizer so maybe i wouldnt even need to get the 7 and could stick with the bk3?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018

6. Iamgoodformetal

Iamgoodformetal

Apr 13, 2014
    I almost suggested a graphic, but then you have the eq applied to the vintage as well. Not a bad thing, but make sure you want that. The ultra versions have a switch for the distortion as well, so that can also replace the BDDI possibly (no cab sim). The AO ultra has IR support. Long story short, you have a lot of options, don't worry about your signal too much.

7. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018
    Great thanks for the help!