1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Microtubes distortion (ultra) plus sansamp in effects chain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sdagg1, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018
    Hello, i was wondering if someone could clear something up for me. I have a sansamp bass driver di and i love the clean tone it gives me but I am currently looking for a microtubes distortion (maybe more than one). Im debating on the microtubes vintage, microtubes bk7ultra or alpha omega. The styles of music i play are rock, hard rock and alternative mainly. I would like to keep my clean sound with the sans amp but think i would like to buy a vintage micro tube for a mild distortion (geddy lee) and the bk7ultra for a heavier distortion and keep the sansamp bddi for a clean sound. From listening to youtube videos i think i prefer the bk7 for the real dirty stuff and the vintage for a cleaner overdriven sound.My questions are would having three of these pedals degrade my signal too much, add too much noise? Do i even need the micro tubes vintage or can i get away with having just the bk7 ultra or alpha omega ultra to get both types of distortion along with my sansamp bddi? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Iamgoodformetal

Iamgoodformetal

Apr 13, 2014
    I believe those are all buffered designs, so signal degradation shouldn't be a problem. Three pedals isn't very many anyway. Adjusting a pedal repeatedly/on the fly would be a major PITA, might as well have dedicated units. You could also save some money by using a B3K, the 7 seems like a lot if it's not your foundation.

3. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018

4. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018
    Well i have seen reviews of how popular it is and that people liked the bk7 so much they got rid of the sans amp so i figured i would get the 7 in case i liked it more than the sans amp and wouldnt have to upgrade later. My intention was to have 3 three units so i wouldnt have to adjust on the fly. I was thinking the sans amp for a clean sound, the microtubes vintage for a warmer sound and either the bk7 or omega for a real dirty sound. I also have a boss geb7 equilizer so maybe i wouldnt even need to get the 7 and could stick with the bk3?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018

6. Iamgoodformetal

Iamgoodformetal

Apr 13, 2014
    I almost suggested a graphic, but then you have the eq applied to the vintage as well. Not a bad thing, but make sure you want that. The ultra versions have a switch for the distortion as well, so that can also replace the BDDI possibly (no cab sim). The AO ultra has IR support. Long story short, you have a lot of options, don't worry about your signal too much.

7. Sdagg1

Sdagg1

Feb 25, 2018
    Great thanks for the help!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021