Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MicroVerb4 - MIDI controller

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EricF, Dec 15, 2005.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Will the Tech 21 MIDI Mouse work to control an Alesis MicroVerb4, or is there a better (maybe cheaper) solution? It seems like the on/off, up/down functionality of the MIDI Mouse would do the trick.

2. CetiAlphaVI

CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Midwest
    I have used the T21MM for up/down with ART SGE Mach II, ART SGX2000, Lexicon MPX100, DOD G10 and the Alesis MidiVerb IV. If all you're wanting to do is up/down/search and have a quality box, it's a good pedal choice. If you need CC options, you may need to look for a cheap midi board, like a very used ART X-15. The Advantage of the T21MM is that it can be powered via 9v battery, 9v adapter or with midi phantom power.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    www.zounds.com has the Rolls Midi-Buddy for 90 bucks. On that one you get programmability so you can dedicate one switch ot a user patch on the midi-verb. I've been researching the same topic for the Lex 'verb in my Pa rack. What I would really like would be a 4 button programmable midi switch so I can have bypass and three 'verb / chorus / delay settings for our vocals for the no soundman gigs we do.

That item does not seem to exist. The midi-buddy has 10 plus 2 bank selectors and it's the closest I've come yet. The X-15 is very cool but it's big and has a lot of extraneous stuff for my use.