1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mid-2000s Fender Dimension - Never seem to see them...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basspraiser, Oct 25, 2013.

1. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    When I was first thinking of moving to five string basses (and JUST before I discovered Laklands) I had this picture on the wall of my office:

fenderdimensionv_zpsd1c442ce.

It was there along with a 5 string Conklin and a RIC as basses "I want to own"....

I know this is a four banger but there was also a five string version. I thought it looked petty cool....never got the chance to play one....ever....never saw one live.

I see the "new incarnation" of this bass recently came out (which I do not like the looks of).....

Why do I not see these "older ones" posted or discussed here?

Were they not popular?

Any one know if they were decent quality?

Anyone know about what happened to them or own/owned one?

I am curious about them....

thx.

Peace:

Doug

2. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    I've got one. It's Fender's version of Ibby's SR. Plays really easily, almost plays itself. It's my favorite player. I think it sounds solid. Weight-wise, not very heavy. Body is significantly smaller than a P. Neck pocket is shallow, fretboard sits fairly high over the body. When working the upper register, I tend to wedge my thumb under the E. Has about .58" gap between the strings and body with low neck action. Perfect for me. I'm trying to set all of my basses with that nice string/body gap.

I like my Dimension quite a bit.

3. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    thanks for the info...I just had not heard much about them...

4. I have one and thinking of selling it! Just to wide of a neck for my small hands

5. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    too bad I am in no position to make you an offer!