1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mid 70s Ampeg Head. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ETEcarmine, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ETEcarmine

ETEcarmine

Jun 29, 2005
    NYC
    OK, I found another Ampeg for sale. This one looks more like a real 70s ampeg (not the early 80s one that I found before). It doesn't look like the Blue Line Ampeg that they're making the reissue of (SVT-VR). Does anyone have this amp? Is it worth checking out? Anyone that has heard the new VR, do you think it's better to wait for that to come out?

Thanks,
    Carmine

Attached Files:

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Its a '76-'79. i just saw one sell for $1300 on ebay. its a great sounding amp, but i personally wouldnt pay $1300 for that year... I just mean that you can usually find the later 70's ones for less $$ than that. I think The SVT VR sounds great too, but I suggest you try it out for yourself when it becomes available in stores. I believe that the vintage SVT prices will level out again if the VR lives up to peoples expectations.