1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mid '70's FENDER PRECISION Bass (modded)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rollin$tone, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollin$tone

rollin$tone Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2009
    For sale is a mid '70's Fender P (franken P) in Very Clean condition. Finish is Mocha Brown with white maple neck. Body, neck, tuners, string tree, bridge, knobs, neck plate are all period correct. Has Bartolini P style pickups and a newer Fender replacement pickguard, with a vintage style aftermarket wiring harness. Neck looks new with virtually zero fretwear. Priced to sell @ $950/ shipped to CONUS. I've not posted anything in a while, so some of the more experienced TB'ers may have to tell me how to post pics to photobucket. I tried managing attachments, but it stated that my pics were too big to load. I can try to email pics if anyone is interested.

2. PM incoming...

3. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    As simple as opening an account with them and pressing the upload button. Photobucket does the rest. Once you see your picture thumbnail on photobucket, you can just click the source copy/paste link and once its clicked you just hit paste into the talkbass reply/edit window and your good to go. Repeat for as many pictures as you have. They usually look like this:

[CODE]{IMG}http://img###.photobucket.com/###stuffhere###/imgfilename.jpg{/IMG}[/CODE]

photobucket makes it easy on you... Darn it now I sound like their tech support or advertisement or something... Good Luck with the sale, I have a thing for mocha 70's P basses.

4. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    I hope this helps:
    7e9516c9.
    ff1cf0ea.
    e97ac40a.

5. MellyMel

MellyMel Fender De-Fender

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A beaut! Really would like some more specifics e.g. years on neck, body. How did you come about this fine piece of equipment?

6. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    Many thanks to Dickie for uploading my pics! A true gentleman! I have an account with photobucket... I signed in and chose the album, but it keeps going back to one page and does not respond. I tried creating a new album, but it pops up an error about the length of the album name, no matter how short I make it! I'm just going to have to get tech support. Thanks for the help!

7. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    Now for a little info on the Fender P. I bought the body on Ebay several years ago, because I love the Mocha finish! It was represented as being from a '74, which I believe is the first year of this finish. It's in really nice shape for it's age. I started looking for a neck and parts and came across another guy on Ebay that had parted out, what he said was a '76 P in Natural. I bought everything he had left ( neck, tuners, bridge, string tree, knobs, and neck plate). He had already sold the pickups, pots harness, and body. A nice fellow TB'er informed me by the serial number that this is actually a neck from '78. So I want to clear that up and not be misrepresenting anything. I later found the Bartolini P style pickups on TB. I bought an aftermarket 'vintage style pots harness', and a Fender replacement pickguard. I strung it with flatwounds, and set it up. It has remained in my smoke free home since. I am a Hofner player, and just recently purchased a '65 Beatle bass (needs some repairs, but I do a little). This is why I've put this bass up for sale. Seeing what price that they are asking for originals, I felt like this was pretty fair, as it's not an original build. The parts were pretty pricey, and I don't even want to think how much I have in it. Anyway, for the parts alone, it's a pretty decent deal, and I'll pay shipping, and it comes with a H/S case. I'll try to get a weight measurement on my bathroom scales and post it later! Hope that this helps answer some questions.

8. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    Oh yes, I do have some more pics that I can email, if anyone is interested.

9. MellyMel

MellyMel Fender De-Fender

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    pm sent. Ill take it.

10. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    And SOLD!!! Thanks to Dickie and everyone for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.