1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mid-80's Ibanez Destroyer Scale length?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oddest_of_odds, Jul 25, 2007.

1. oddest_of_odds

oddest_of_odds

Jul 25, 2007
    Seattle
    Okay, I got my "dream bass", a mid-80's Ibanez Destroyer the other day on ebay. It's the type with only a P-bass pickup; the cheaper model. Made in Japan, serial #

I have one main question: What scale length is it? In lieu of counting my chickens before they've hatched, I am looking into buying new strings before it gets here.

If anyone can help, that'd be just dandy...any info given to me probably won't change my thoughts on having purchased what could feasibly be a crappy bass; I'm just anxious. I guess.

2. do you have a tape measurer? you could find out yourself fairly quickly ;)

3. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    How about "it's not a short scale" so any normal strings should do.

4. oddest_of_odds

oddest_of_odds

Jul 25, 2007
    Seattle
    Thanks for your concern, but seeing that I don't have it (still being shipped) or a picture of it that i could use to calculate the length, it's sorta hard. :p

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    How about "you're wrong". All the ones I've seen were 32" scale, AKA medium scale, which means you have to be very particular about which strings you choose, as most "normal" ones will not fit. LaBella and Rotosound make medium-scale strings, as do I think a couple of other brands. But what I've done with medium-scale basses in the past is modify them to string through the body; that way I can use 34" scale strings, and the extra length goes through the body and ferrules.