1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mid 80's Schecter?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve 1100, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Steve 1100

Steve 1100

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas Texas
    Yesterday I scored a bass that looks like a mid 80's Schecter J style bass. The only marking is on the neck plate, which reads "Schecter", with no serial number. The neck plate appears to be original to the body, which shows wear consistant with a 25 year old bass. The body is well made, with a nice factory black finish, which is looks similar to other 80's Schecter instruments I have seen. The headstock has been butchered and painted, but appears to have been originaly fit with the Grover tuners. The Badass II bridge looks to have been on there for a long time, although there are other bridge mounting holes on the body, under the existing Badass II. THe pickups have 3 leads, an 80's date code, beefy construction, large pole pieces, and are albeled "Made In Germany".

There isnt much info available on the early-mid 80's Schecter basses. I am hoping that someone can help me identify this bass, if it is in fact a production Schecter piece (maybe from the "Pete Townsend" guitar era?) Maybe this was originally a well built parts bass?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]