SOLD Mid 80's Yamaha BB3000AF (MIJ, Neckthrough, Active, Fretless)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MojaveVox, May 6, 2021.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    United States
    Acquired this a little bit ago, played with it a lot and I just don't think I'm much of a fretless player, especially an unlined board, nor am I really a fan of active electronics all that much. But here it is, a Japanese-made Yamaha BB3000AF. It's a mid-late 80's model, really hard to tell the exact year due to early Yamaha's serial numbers being confusing as hell, but it's definitely on earlier than 88, as I believe that was the year they switched production over to Taiwan for these basses, this one's an MIJ and has the earlier Japanese bridges, so assumedly and allegedly a better build quality than the MIT ones. It's active, and the EQ is somewhat unusual but I think it's actually really functional when I figured it out after 5 minutes. It has a master volume knob, a blend knob with 3 set positions in between various combinations with the pickups, and a bass and treble roll-off. It's a neck-through bass with a 5 piece laminated neck and all the hardware is brass. It also has one minor problem, the output jack is a tad loose, I haven't gotten around to fixing it because I haven't had any gigs since COVID started and I acquired the bass not too long ago, but otherwise it's in immaculate shape for its age. Comes with a non-original HSC. I'm open to trades for other fretless/fretted 4 string basses, and I'm very partial to trading for a fretted vintage Yamaha BB +/- cash either way depending on the deal. Otherwise, I'm open to a straight sale at 950$ shipped CONUS.
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-26.jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-25.jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-28 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-28 (3).jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-24.jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-23.jpg
    photo_2021-05-06_15-58-27.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. Bassfishin72

Bassfishin72

Nov 4, 2018
    Nice. Never played a bad Yamaha.

MojaveVox likes this.
  3. Outshined91

Outshined91 Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2019
    US of A
    Hey! Could you tell me the weight on this please? Thanks!

4. I don’t have a scale to get you an exact weight, however I know my AVRI Precision is 8.5lbs and this is noticeably lighter, I would say it’s around 8lbs, maybe a little less. Hope this helps!

Outshined91 likes this.
  5. skycruiser

skycruiser Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Texas
    Awesome bass! I like that the "F" on the headstock looks like a Fender "F". GLWTS. Will probably go quick.

MojaveVox likes this.
  6. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    That's "F" for "Fender killer". That's an incredible bass.

skycruiser and MojaveVox like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2021