1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mid boost

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by David Harrell, Jul 8, 2005.

1. I'm getting ready to re-wire my fretless 6, and I'd like to have a mid boost set at around 600. I can't seem to find any info on this though. I've found a diagram for wiring an ob3 with a static mid freq, but I'm really looking for a switch or pull pot that will engage a boost at a pre-set freq. Basically the same as the treble boost on the MM Jazz bass, or other preset curves on other basses that are enabled via a switch or pull pot. The idea is to get the mwah factor increased when needed for fills or melodic solos with only one knob or switch. I can control the volume via footswitch on my 800rb.

Any ideas?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I never tried it but nothing comes to mind off hand that would prevent just running through the p/p with the same cap values instead of a switch since a p/p pot is nothing but a pot and switch combined.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd go with a Bartolini MCT-3MC.
    250/500/750 Hz selectable mid boost with separate 2KHz to 15KHz treble boost (that you may choose to use or not).