mid boost

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by David Harrell, Jul 8, 2005.

1. I'm getting ready to re-wire my fretless 6, and I'd like to have a mid boost set at around 600. I can't seem to find any info on this though. I've found a diagram for wiring an ob3 with a static mid freq, but I'm really looking for a switch or pull pot that will engage a boost at a pre-set freq. Basically the same as the treble boost on the MM Jazz bass, or other preset curves on other basses that are enabled via a switch or pull pot. The idea is to get the mwah factor increased when needed for fills or melodic solos with only one knob or switch. I can control the volume via footswitch on my 800rb.

Any ideas?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

I never tried it but nothing comes to mind off hand that would prevent just running through the p/p with the same cap values instead of a switch since a p/p pot is nothing but a pot and switch combined.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd go with a Bartolini MCT-3MC.
    250/500/750 Hz selectable mid boost with separate 2KHz to 15KHz treble boost (that you may choose to use or not).