1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mid cut switch on the Epifani preamp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 6stringbassist, Mar 15, 2008.

1. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    I've just bought an Epifani Quest 2 preamp for my Berg IP112, it works really really well.

My question is what frequency, and by how much is the mid cut switch cutting ?.

Can I approximate this on channel 1 ?.

2. From my experience with the 502, that mid cut on the top channel is a wide Q cut centered around 350 hz or so. The documentation says -8db. I hear the semi-parametric mid control on the bottom channel as having a narrower Q, so it won't cut as much... but that 300 to 400hz region will get you close.

I don't dig those extreme 'scoop' on/off contols much. I do dig the tone of the bottom channel with just a slight amount of upper mids cut... maybe 11 o'clock at around 800 hz... just smooths it out a touch without sucking all the punch out of it.. IMO!