mid-priced 6'er (new or used) other than ibanez?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matt R Miller, May 7, 2003.

1. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    hey im lookin into possibly getting a 6 string...maximum of $600 new or used. Tryed out Ibanez and didn't like the sound much. any suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Peavey TL-6. It was the top of the line before the Cirrus.

Do a search. Plenty of threads floating about.
  3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Carvin LB76. I used to own a Peavey TL-6, and it was good too, but I sold it to buy a Carvin and was happier overall. Other people might have just the opposite preference, of course.
  4. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN

Try out a Spector Q6 Pro!!! They list for about $849, so that means you could probably get away with paying around $600 from Bass Northwest!!

5. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    There was a great deal on some of the De'armond pilot series. I think tyhat it was the delux that was the 6 string. But, since fender took over the line, they discontinued the line, but they are a great deal if you can find them used.

6. i owned a q4 for a few weeks (bought it off ebay because it came with a spector case and sold it and kept the $175 case for free)... I HATED IT... it felt so flimsey and cheap compared to my neck thru 2000... build quality not good at all... sounded reaaaaaaaaalllllllllly thin... maybe the q6's are better but for a low priced 6 string thats probably the only way to go... ive seen them on ebay for 4-550
  7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    You might like a Peavey Axcelerator. Same pickups as the Cirrus, two-band 18v. preamp instead of 3. I am in love with mine. Used, you can find them pretty commonly in the $350-450 range. New list was something over $1100. Very nice USA-made bass.