Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mid Range Control

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tiredman9, Nov 21, 2005.

1. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    I don't use many effects so Im not all to knowledgable in this category so sorry if this question is obvious or stupid.

Is there an effect or pedal that just eqs my midrange. I know there are lots of DIs and EQ pedals that control the whole thing but im looking for one that is just midrange. Thanks

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

A parametric EQ can do just that, too.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The SansAmp Acoustic DI has sweepable mids...you could just leave the Bass and Treble flat...

Behringer makes a single space 4 band parametric EQ that is less than $100 and works well too...

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Cool.. Does Yami' still make that?

Joe

5. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Discontinued.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You could always build your own based on one of these...

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Accessories&categoryid=33&catalogid=144

It's a variable midrange module from EMG. Besides a suitable metal box and an input jack, you'd need a bypass switch and perhaps an input buffer.

I'm not sure if the input impedance of the EMG-VMC is high (would match passive pickups) or low (suited to EMG's active pickups). That's the only point that requires research.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago