1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Middle of the Road by the Pretenders

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by canadian bass, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Hi

Trying to learn Middle of the Road by the Prenders. I can figure out that the song is in A,G,E . I don't know if it's my speakers on my PC but I can't really make out what the bass player is playing. Tried looking on line for tabs and have found nothing for this song and anything I have been playing just doesn't sound right but if I play whole notes in A,G,E it sounds ok. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The intro is A - G - E, then the verse is A - G half notes (actually dotted quarter and eighth notes) with an eighth-note chromatic walk-up from C to D, then plays the D - C half notes.

3. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Middle of the Road is a kickin' jam! Saw the Pretenders play it back in '85 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Here's a GuitarPro version of the TAB.

5. Thanks everyone for the help, especially Munjibunga for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers