1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Middle School Outlaws Hugs and High-Fives.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ray Holt, Jun 19, 2007.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Holy bajeebus, that's 5 miles from me.

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I think it's a good thing. Sure, it starts with putting his arm around her during lunch.

Next thing you know, he's flying jet airliners into buildings. It's trouble, I tell ya.

3. antiseptic

antiseptic **antisepticised**

Jul 18, 2006
    la la land
    Do boys high-five with girls?

4. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I'm not a stranger to the male -> female high five, if that's what you're asking.

high-five.jpg

5. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Yea, why not?

This whole thing is rediculous. At my old school we never had any rules like that, just the strict "no fighting" policy...later "no throwing pinecones!" also got added :p. good times, good times.

6. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    That right there is the real problem.
    I would give everyone (who I knew was ok with it) a hug and hope I got expelled. Thats just ridiculous.

7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    ridiculous!

8. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    High five

myself

no friends

:rollno:

9. Pete C

Pete C

Feb 23, 2007
    New York
    That's the county where I used to live. Come to think of it, I remember getting sent to the office for giving a kid that was trying to steal my backpack a haymaker.
    I do on an almost daily basis.

10. Yeah... this is what we can expect more and more of when we turn over our kids and our tax monies to 'politically correct' weenies. Indeed.. ridiculous!

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I bet it would have made John Wayne proud.

12. They must be afraid that it might lead to dancing.

The only real rules we had were no short pants and no throwing snowballs with rocks in them. The good old days...

13. Too many of them these days :mad:

14. Strangely enough, I can see where the school is coming from. Apparently it is ridden with gang violence? Touching, even something insignificant as a hi-five, can indeed (and has) spark(ed) breakouts as the principal mentioned. And you can't just ban half of those actions and not the other half. In a hectic environment of uncompromising kids, its either all or nothing

15. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    don't you be touchin

16. I can't see where they're coming from.

Do you think the gang members are going to be the types of kids to follow the rules and not hit each other up?

We're talking hugs and high fives for God's sake!

17. HA, That's just retarted, It really makes me want to beat someone (Ironically). Those kids should start some sort of anti-anti- touching rally, Reminds me of grade 5, when they got rid of recess RECESS!!! because there was a teacher strike. We all protested it was funny. hahah .. rambling

18. NamelessOne

NamelessOne

Mar 9, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Heh... our school rules, as outlined in the school-supplied agendas...

"no snowball fights indoors"
    (I was actually a witness to the scene that caused that rule)

"No consumption or distribution of alcohol on school grounds or school time"
    reasonable enough... if a grade 12 who's 18 wants to walk to a liquor store at lunch, and leave it in his locker until after school, they apparently don't have a problem with it. Now, we're wondering if next year, it'll include the term "brewing". Again, I witnessed that one. the guy forgot to let off the CO2, and it kinda blew up. the hall stank all day after that one, but I'm not sure if the admin even suspected anything.

19. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    isn't touching essential for human development, or is that just for babies?
    can't wait for the day they outlaw talking in schools. kids should just shut their pieholes anyway.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021