Midi Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by busbass, Feb 4, 2003.

1. busbass

Feb 4, 2003
    Hey all. Wondering who out there has midi gear in their rig. If so, do you have a midi pickup on your bass? Any advice on pedals for loops?
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Check out John Turner's rig. Several of his Conklins are set up with RMC saddles htat he uses to run MIDI equip, I believe. Several of us here are using the Roland V-Bass, but that's not really in the same field as MIDI, I guess.
  3. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    i use plenty of midi in my live rig and i loop! i'm currently running an electrix filter factory into the effects send and return of an electrix repeater...both being controlled by an FCB1010. i love it! what exactly are you trying to do? i don't know if i'd go the route of adding midi to the bass (are you talking about one of those midi pickups?)...any time i've heard those crazy synths hooked up to a midi pickup, its always sounded way too artificial for my tastes.

depending on what you are looking to do, you could probably get midi out of your bass with a decent guitar/bass midi converter. they aren't all that expensive.

as for looping, check out http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html it was a huge help for me and there is a very knowledable community over there as far as new gear...

peace and bass...
    ~e va n
  4. busbass

Feb 4, 2003
    What I'l be doing is looping bass lines. Then adding textures from ther, via my bass as well as other gear. ie.Kaoss pad etc.....
  5. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification