1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Midi control of Zoom B9.1ut

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by apl4, Mar 15, 2013.

1. apl4

apl4

Sep 13, 2010
    Cumbria, UK
    I've been using the B9.1ut for a while now and I love it. The sounds and effects are great, but at first glance the pedal does look a bit daunting. Starting to use the B9.1ut Editor Librarian software was the clincher for me. It allows full and easy control of all parameters and patches.
    I've now started using the built in pedal synth, which sounds great. It's definitely not a Moog Taurus, but it certainly adds a new dimension to my playing. The problem I have though is that whichever setting I use on the pedalsynth (major, minor or chromatic) there is inevitably at least one note that I need, but isn't in the 8 notes available on the pedal.
    For example, playing the song 'Afterglow' by Genesis, I set the pedal up as:
    key - G1
    pedalsynth - m-HD

with a few other EQ tweaks. But there is one note 'E' that is not available in the range of the 8 pedals, so I have to play it using the bass.

Now the question. Is it possible to play the pedalsynth using midi? I only seem to be able to change patches and parameters using my midi keyboard.