Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIDI Editor

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by yor123, Jan 17, 2002.

1. yor123

yor123

Mar 29, 2001
    New Orleans
    Could someone recommend an easy to use midi editor which would allow me to extract parts of a midi file and import them into a recording. I use N-Track studio on my PC to record my "songs". Its strickly for fun, nothing professional . I'll either write something original or do an embellished line to a popular song. I usually use a generic drum pattern straight from my Korg Pandora which is fine for original stuff. But when I am trying to be creative with a top 40 cover, it would be nice to have a drum sequence that goes with the song. There are thousands of MIDIs on the internet for any song you are looking for. Some are good, some aren't. It would be really easy to export the drum, horns, and keyboard, etc. parts into N-track as separate tracks and then I could lay down my bass and guitar lines and then mix it all into one big wav file.

Any suggestions?

2. Can't you do that whith almost all Sequncing programs? How do you mean "import them into a recoring"?
    I've never used N-track studio but can't you just import the midi fileand mute the tracks you don't want.

I've only used Emagic Logic and Cubase Score and Cubase VST. There it's pretty simple.

Good look!

3. yor123

yor123

Mar 29, 2001
    New Orleans
    Do I feel stupid!

I did not even bother to import a midi because I assumed it would be all lumped into one track. Nope, it breaks it down into each track and yep, I can mute the ones I don't want. Thanks for the help.

4. i've just got started on all this home recoridng business too.. . tis bloody complicated!!!!