1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIDI help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by uethanian, Mar 12, 2009.

1. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    i was thinking about making a recording with a drummer i know, using a MIDI keyboard and my fretless bass as the lead instrument.

he has one of the recording programs everyone uses (logic maybe? i don't know much about this stuff), and one of those line6 interfaces going into his computer. just did a session with him, sounded good.

the thing is, i would really like a fender rhodes sound rather than that cheesy MIDI piano. from what i understand, the patches for various sounds are part of the recording program, and the keyboard acts as a controller?

to make it very complicated, i'm using this device http://h-pi.com/TBX1intro.html to retune my keyboard at home, since i wrote the piece in an alternative tuning. for it to work, the LOCAL CONTROL on the keyboard needs to be off, so the TBX1 is producing the MIDI voice (?).

what i'm getting at is, would it be possible to use the rhodes patch on the computer and have it retuned by the TBX1?