1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Midi on a Thumb?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by thewildest, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Hi there, after 2 years since I sold my 6 string Thumb and lamenting its departure since, I am getting another one. I have to admit, there are very few basses around that get that unique tone and playability, phenomenal instrument.

Have any of you ever tried to find a way to get a MIDI pickup/piezo-system in a Thumb? I have searched a few times, and have never found any solutions. For obvious reasons, i don't want to have massive surgery that would affect the instrument's tone.

Any ideas around? Have any of you tried this?

I have to say, a 6 string Thumb with 13 pin output MIDI and a blended piezo sound option into the output would be a killer idea.

Regards

2. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Nobody?

3. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

The obvious answer is a Roland GK-3 pickup.
    If that works, the next step might be to see if RMC has piezo system that they could retrofit to a Thumb 6.