MIDI : Problem with adjacent notes

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by geshel, Apr 15, 2003.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I've got a problem exporting MIDI files from PowerTab. When the same note is played twice in succession, the resulting MIDI has the "note off" for the first note at the same time as the "note on" for the second one. When playing this back on Windows, the built-in MIDI playback sometimes gets confused and cuts off the second note: it does "note on" before "note off" for the last one.

Anybody know a decent way around this? When creating my own MIDI files using Jazz I've just made sure that notes weren't exactly the full length. However I can't seem to do this with the export function in PowerTab.

A MIDI utility to make all the notes 98% of their current length would work just fine - something I could run quickly after exporting from PT.

Thanks for any help you can provide . . .

2. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I haven't kept up with new and current MIDI programs for a while, but I used to use Cakewalk (several years ago, before switching to Cubase) and it had a feature called "interpolate" that might do that. Even if it would work, I don't know how 'quick' it would be, you might have to convert it to Cakewalk's format in order to do it.
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Well . .. "might"? :) What does "interpolate" do?