1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Midi Step Foot Pedals and Oberheim Arpeggiator

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by DDawg, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Price:
    400/300
    Fast Forward Designs Midi Step Foot Pedals in excellent condition.
    Just connect via midi to your synthesizer and you can play with your feet. I bought these brand new in the 80's when our keyboard player left our band, and only used them for a few months until we found a new keyboard player. They've been stored inside a sealed box ever since. Almost perfect condition, with the original box and manual. I'm missing the original power supply, but it uses a standard 9VDC guitar effects supply (like a Boss) with a negative center pin. I recently tested the pedals and everything works great. The pedals were made in Japan by Hammond-Suzuki and are built like a tank . Controls include hold, repeat, octave (actually can be any interval), and transpose, as well as midi functions like vibrato and sustain when using a keyboard.
    I'm asking $400, shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 States or Canada. Note that shipping from here across the hemisphere may be close to $100.
    ds_MIdiStep_001.JPG
    ds_MidiStep_002.JPG
    Here is a brief demo on U-tube I found - it's kind of hokey, but it'll give you an idea of how these work:

I also have an Oberheim Cyclone Perf/X Arpeggiator from the same era, which works well in conjunction with the Midi Step. It allows you to play an arpeggiated sequence when you press a foot pedal. Apparently, this is one of the few stand-alone arpeggiators ever made. Once again, it was used briefly and has been in storage since. I don't remember a lot about it, but I hooked it up and it appears to be working fine. It's in excellent condition with the original box. I can't find the original power supply, but it uses a 9VDC 200mAmp supply with a positive center pin. I'll include one that I made up recently to test the unit.
    I'm asking $300 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 States or Canada. Note that shipping from here across the hemisphere may be close to $50.
    ds_Oberheim_Cyclone_001.JPG
    Here is a link to the Oberheim manual and a U-tube demo:
    http://gregwaltzer.com/egw/equipment/files/CycloneManual.pdf

If you want both the Midi Step and the Oberheim Arpeggiator, I'll ship them together and save about $50 on shipping, plus discount $50, so I'm asking $600 for both units together.

Trades I would be interested in would be effects pedals, amps, or preamps. One issue may be the shipping costs will add up both ways.

2. bump ...

3. The MIDI Step has been sold. The Oberheim isn't really a bass guitar item on its own, so I'll close the listing. I still have it if you're interested, but I have a couple offers and will probably let it go really soon. Thanks.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021