Mids - SVT2/Mesa400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ripper75, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Ripper75

Aug 8, 2005
    Boise, ID.
    OK, I decided to go with a '94 SVT 2, non pro, to accomplish a really phat tube sound to cut thru two really loud punk rock guitar players. I hear boosting the mids is a good idea. Just wondering if the Mesa 400 is considered more of a mids amp, I really liked it's sound when I tried one and wonder if I will have to continue my search for a "REAL" amp.

I play a gibson ripper thru an ampeg 8/10" cabinet.

Any suggestions on knob levels for the SVT2 would be helpfull. Thanks.
  2. the SVT is a mid boosted amp, the Mesa400 is mid scooped, so you get more mids from the SVT i think

theres the levels i use, i always have the mid boosted that high with the graphic EQ on (It is a little hissy tho, nothing too bad) i like the really dirty sound i get with it pushing that to the max, i usually have the Ultra High on aswell, and the Ultra Low off

but i play an array of Ibanez basses into it then into a peavey 410 cab, so not really the same setup, but play about with it, its hours of fun :)
  3. Ripper75

Aug 8, 2005
    Boise, ID.
    Thanks. Good to hear. I'll give that a try when I get amp in the mail, got to wait a week and a half. :bawl:
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yes, the SVT will give you more mids...let us know how you like it and how it works in your band setting.