Might be getting a job at a Guitar Shop!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brendan, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I might be getting a job. But, lo, this is not an Off Topic job, no. It's been said, by me, that I'm currently and actively interested in my own luthiering. As such, I was telling my guitarist (henceforth Jeff) what I was planning to do. And I aked, "Hey, don't you work near Resurrection Guitars?" He said "Work next to? Heck, my Grandpa owns it." Well, I jumped at this, and asked if he could get in contact, and put in the word for me.

Of course, I don't have experience, but am willing to learn, and pick up stuff fast. So today, he calls me back, and says, yep, he talked to his end, but his end is the repairs part of the operation, and it'll be a day or so before I get to the luthier, but Jeff said that yeah, they might be willing to take me on as an apprientice/part timer/gopher. Jeff said they were impressed that even though I don't really know how to (I'm working on that) I was/is going to go out and buy the woods and start trying. Initiative and that sort.

Score! Now, they said to Jeff that pay may or may not happen, but in any event, they are willing to let me come down and watch them at least, for free. So at the very least, I get to learn how to make a bass for free (sans gas and whatnot), which is invaluable to me.

Sweet Deal? I think so. I hope I get a job, but heck, the info alone is worth money. But info and money both? Double score. Not to mention doing what I like for a job. Now, here's hoping for the job. But, like I said a few times before, the free info regardless of employment is what psyches me up the most.

Go me!
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Congratulations, That sounds like fun. Hope all goes well for you.
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey Brendan, is that the shop down in Jensen Beach??? I've seen some of their work, it's not bad at all....
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    One and the same. I'm really hoping for that PT job, but just being able to do down and WATCH is so much more than enough....
  5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    once i turn 16 (in 2 years) im gonna geta job(hopefully) at my local shop.:D