Might have found my stolen bass-HELP!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by faulknersj, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Man, like my dodgy Taco Hell experience (first and last time ever to dine there BTW :vomit:)...

...this thread just keeps coming back up! :woot:

faulknersj and S-Bigbottom like this.
  2. chuckNC

chuckNC

Aug 21, 2012
    I remember when I came across this thread. It was like a book you just can't put down. I pretty much binged the whole thing. Great read!

faulknersj, S-Bigbottom and ak56 like this.
  3. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Yeah it was quite the ride when it was happening.

Hmm, Tacos for lunch?

faulknersj likes this.
  4. Datsgor

Datsgor

Jul 29, 2000
    Whew, just got done rereading this epic tale. Yep, tacos are on the menu for today....and I got to go back and read the JPATA thread soon. I am sad though as I just saw Dharmashawn has passed on. R.I.P.

faulknersj and S-Bigbottom like this.
  5. mrface2112

mrface2112

Apr 5, 2019
    I think you should involve the police before you confront the pawn shop.

*ducks and covers*

faulknersj and TinIndian like this.
  6. I've only just come across this thread and it reminds me what happened to a friend of mine - His 1979 Fender Strat (Guitar) got stolen one night never to be seen again.... until about 4 years later
    it was black but some of the paintwork on the body had come off... and my friend had several photos of it including the serial number and had reported it to the police and his insurance company.

I just happened to catch a band playing and I was sure the guitarist had my friends strat, so I told my friend about it and who the band was, so a couple of weeks later (armed with his photos) we went to see the band and he was 100% sure it was his guitar, so during a break he had a conversation with the guitarist and confronted him about the guitar
    the guitarist denied all knowledge and said he'd only bought the guitar 3 years ago or something, but my friend showed him the photos and checked the serial number and it all matched.... their singer came over and asked what was going on and my friend told him what the story was.
    In the end my friend said the guitarist had 3 options
    1) Hand the Guitar (and case) back and no further questions will be asked
    2) Buy the Guitar off my friend for $1000 NZ (that was it's approx value 20 years ago)
    3) Do nothing.... and my friend will contact the police, and the guitarist would be charged with receiving stolen goods (this is an offence in NZ)

so in the end my friend let the guitarist finish his gig with the guitar and then guitarist put it back in the case and gave it back.... it was a fluke he got his guitar back

Beej, Cowzone, faulknersj and 4 others like this.
  7. Blue Moose

Blue Moose

Oct 8, 2009
    Good luck! Hope you get it back.

8. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    8 year old zombie thread. But it's a great one! Especially if you like tacos.

Winslow, BassChap, TinIndian and 2 others like this.
  9. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    One of the All - Time Greatest threads ever on Talkbass! Perhaps on the entirety of the internet! Sales of Tacos around the country spiked so dramatically the was a temporary shortage of fresh Tortillas. And this was the days Before Covid!

Seriously it is a great thread and when it was happening in real time it was truly great theatre.

S-Bigbottom, ahc, Winslow and 2 others like this.
  10. Blue Moose

Blue Moose

Oct 8, 2009
    Looks like it was me who resurfaced this thread. No idea how or why. Oh well, still hope OP got his bass back! Gonna bookmark this one and come back to see the tacodrama.

S-Bigbottom and ahc like this.
  11. Yes, you need to.

Set aside a few hours and just dive in from the start to the finish, like a good book or movie.

It will be worth it.

A break for a taco is acceptable, in fact... encouraged.

TinIndian, ahc and Winslow like this.
  12. JonathanSV

JonathanSV

Feb 9, 2020
    Montreal
    Came for the bass, stayed for the tacos.

Best police for metal?

Corbusier and The Owl like this.
  13. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    I remember reading this thread as it happened... I cooked a kilo of carnitas yesterday, so might be time for a re-read!

14. Verb the Noun

Verb the Noun

Aug 1, 2018
    San Diego
    Someone having issues keeping their WFH staff on task I take it?

15. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Post you quoted is from 2014, and no I don’t have such issues as I only pay for results.

16. Nebraska

Nebraska

Jul 25, 2021
    Nebraska
    I got up to page 47 but now I'm just done, man. I'll never know if the bass came home.

17. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Overdose on tacos?

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  18. Corbusier

Corbusier

Feb 21, 2018
    Mississippi
    Basses, police, tacos, and 60 year old women in whipped cream mutilating one of the best album covers of all time. Best TB thread ever.

S-Bigbottom likes this.