1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Might have found my stolen bass-HELP!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by faulknersj, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Man, like my dodgy Taco Hell experience (first and last time ever to dine there BTW :vomit:)...

...this thread just keeps coming back up! :woot:

faulknersj and S-Bigbottom like this.
  2. chuckNC

chuckNC

Aug 21, 2012
    I remember when I came across this thread. It was like a book you just can't put down. I pretty much binged the whole thing. Great read!

faulknersj, S-Bigbottom and ak56 like this.
  3. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Yeah it was quite the ride when it was happening.

Hmm, Tacos for lunch?

faulknersj likes this.
  4. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Whew, just got done rereading this epic tale. Yep, tacos are on the menu for today....and I got to go back and read the JPATA thread soon. I am sad though as I just saw Dharmashawn has passed on. R.I.P.

faulknersj and S-Bigbottom like this.
  5. mrface2112

mrface2112

Apr 5, 2019
    I think you should involve the police before you confront the pawn shop.

*ducks and covers*

faulknersj and TinIndian like this.
  6. I've only just come across this thread and it reminds me what happened to a friend of mine - His 1979 Fender Strat (Guitar) got stolen one night never to be seen again.... until about 4 years later
    it was black but some of the paintwork on the body had come off... and my friend had several photos of it including the serial number and had reported it to the police and his insurance company.

I just happened to catch a band playing and I was sure the guitarist had my friends strat, so I told my friend about it and who the band was, so a couple of weeks later (armed with his photos) we went to see the band and he was 100% sure it was his guitar, so during a break he had a conversation with the guitarist and confronted him about the guitar
    the guitarist denied all knowledge and said he'd only bought the guitar 3 years ago or something, but my friend showed him the photos and checked the serial number and it all matched.... their singer came over and asked what was going on and my friend told him what the story was.
    In the end my friend said the guitarist had 3 options
    1) Hand the Guitar (and case) back and no further questions will be asked
    2) Buy the Guitar off my friend for $1000 NZ (that was it's approx value 20 years ago)
    3) Do nothing.... and my friend will contact the police, and the guitarist would be charged with receiving stolen goods (this is an offence in NZ)

so in the end my friend let the guitarist finish his gig with the guitar and then guitarist put it back in the case and gave it back.... it was a fluke he got his guitar back

Cowzone, faulknersj, chuckNC and 3 others like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021