Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sobie18, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Anybody here have the new CD "Jackknife to a Swan" by these guys? Killer CD and Joe Gittleman (the Bass Fiddleman) lays it down. "Pay Attention" is an awesome CD, too. Love their stuff.....Check it out....
  2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I only have Ska-Core The Devil & More but I like it!:)
    I should try to find more cd's..
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was a really big bosstones fan back in the day...well not so much back in their day, but more like I enjoyed their older back in the day albums alot more than their new stuff....but I haven't heard jack-knife and a swan, so I can't really judge. I did like live at the middle east though, that was fat.
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've been waiting for a review of this one. I've only heard the new stuff live...haven't checked into the CD yet. How does it compare to Question the Answers? That would have to be my favorite Bosstones album so far. If you say Jackknife is similar or better, I may just have to check into it. I just miss the days of Nate Albert on guitar. :(
  5. I remember when I was at the Warped Tour (the Bosstones were there) and Dicky came out on stage with a shirt that said (F#$K FRED DURST).

6. Joe's not their bassist anymore. He quit and formed his own band Avoid One Thing. Though he might have played on that album.

I forget who they got to replace him, one of the Mephiskapheles I think.....

Still, Bosstones have aged pretty damn well. I just hope they don't go the way of the Toasters
  7. Question the Answers is cool. I liked Let's Face it a LOT and then Pay Attention came out and I REALLY played this CD a LOT! Bought maybe 4 or 5 copies for other friends to check out....Now, Jackknife is just as good......I recommend for all you Bosstone fans.
  8. I'm not a big ska fan and never really liked the bosstones untill I saw them at the Aussie warped tour in Ulla Dulla.

Turns out they were one of the better acts of that day. I was impressed.
  9. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Check out the new bassplayer issue, there's a nice arlicle and interview with him, He's still a Bosstone Avoid is just his side project where he gets to write all the songs and sing.
  10. Ahhh...tis true