Mighty Mite Body + Warmoth Neck.. Compatible?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dannoman, Mar 2, 2006.

1. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Hi all, Does anyone know if the Mighty Mite bodies are compatible with the Warmoth necks?
  2. I'm no expert, but I don't think Mighty Mite has a Warkwick style body in their line, just p and j basses. And I am relatively sure a Warwick neck will not fit on one of those.

Good luck!
  3. jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    I bought a Mighty Mite Jazz body last year and could not fit a Fender neck on it because the body's neck pocket was just a bit too narrow. If Warmoth follows Fender neck sizes, a Warmoth neck might not fit.

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    WarMOTH not WarWICK :D
  5. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    A MightyMite neck plus Warmoth body combo and a MightyMite body plus Warmoth neck combo should both be compatable, as they both utilize a standard Fender neck pocket design on the body and Fender neck heel design on the neck.

This isn't to say you won't have a little slop or sanding due to tolerancing issues, and you'll get this even if you utilize a neck/body from the same manufacturer

All the best,

6. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Why under neck pocket specs on the Warmoth website does it say this:

"J bass®, P Bass®, Deluxe, P Bass® Special, and the"Lyte" series necks all feature 22 frets and are incompatible with Warmoth bass bodies. "

What necks do fit Warmoth bodies? Are you sure mighty might necks fit them?
  7. lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL

The dangers of speed-reading. . . Warmoth, Warwick. . . ah. . .same thing.
  8. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    Daytona955i -

Currently, (On this page: http://www.warmoth.com/bass/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=faq2 ) I read our site as saying this:
    Are you looking at a different page? Perhaps we have a typo someplace on the site.

"Deluxe" Fender basses usually have 22 fret necks and therefore deviate from the vintage 20-fret spec that we adhere to. Pbass Lyte and some others are in the same boat.

edit: Yep, there's a typo on the body page. Should be fixed soon. Still don't know anything about mighty-mite's necks, though, we never see 'em around here. :)
  9. o.rion.5

Oct 17, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I bought a Warmoth body last summer and found that both Mighty Mite necks and All Parts necks are too big for the neck pocket.

I know it's backwards from the question.

10. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Glad that it was a typo, it had been confusing me for the past 2 or 3 days. :D
  11. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I should hope not. my wenge neck ready yet?:p
  12. Oops, I'm a tard...