Mighty Mite Neck on eBay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by huskies90, May 20, 2007.

1. huskies90

huskies90

May 17, 2004
    Anyone buy a Mighty Mite neck on eBay? I know the neck comes fretted how about a nut? Anyone have any good/bad experiences buying, installing or playing the neck?

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I bought a Maple J neck. It is fretted and the nut is slotted. I had to drill holes for the neck screws. Will buy another if the need arises.

3. I bought a new, old stock Telecaster GEETAR neck on ebay. It worked great, very well made. The frets were perfect. I yanked the soft plastic nut out and made a brass one. They've been around for a long time, I never heard any bad things about them.

4. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    They're like everything else - some are better than others. However none are high end and may require some heel sanding for fit or fret dressing for playability. Try one if the price is right, but don't expect too much...

5. I have bought 2 of them, one for a "P" bass and another Birdseye one for a tele I put together. Frets on the tele one needed a little bit of dressing to make them level, but the P bass one was perfect! Truss rods are shipped with no load, so you will need to adjust them, finish is flat clear. I had no probs at all! Great neck for the price.

Cheers,

Rusty

6. Most of the ebay stores sell them, heres a few;

guitarpartsresource1 ( 32204 )

southeastmusic ( 9849)

warpdrivemusic ( 38253)

quickconnect ( 21910)

Ive had no probs with any of these guys. Hope that helps,

Cheers,
    Rusty

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I bought a J-neck (maple w/ rosewood fretboard) and put it on a mim P body that I had.
    I had to do some very minimal sanding and filing to get it to fit, but it's on there now and plays and looks wonderful. B+ in my book.

8. I've gotten really good customer service from warpdrive music and they have all that stuff.

9. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    i bought a Mighty Mite unlined fretless ebonal J neck from "guitar_shop7".. it was $89.95 and that included shipping..

d0_1.jpg

it's a nice neck.. and it has the nut on it..

although the ebonal fretboard needed to be polished.. there was some sort of dull coating on top of it.. a simple buffing with a mild plastic polish did the job and now it's like black glass.. very sweet..

and the best part.. it was 89.95 shipped..

i really don't want to sound like i'm shilling for this seller, but it was a really good deal that i got on it.. and i'm very happy with it..

just my 2 cents..

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021